Candy Apple Recipes
Insert sticks into apples; set aside. Combine caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high setting, uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly. Roll each apple quickly in caramel, turning to coat. Set apples to dry on lightly greased wax paper. When partially set, roll in toppings, if desired.
Red Hot Candy Apples
4 apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup red hots (cinnamon candy)
2 Tbsp. water
Place all ingredients in a pan. Cook on low to medium heat for about 15 minutes or until tender.
When I make this recipe, I use whatever apples I have on hand but baking apples and Gala apples work best.
Here is a different twist on this recipe. Red Hot Apples are great for tailgating or for any time you are doing winter grilling.
Grilled Red Hot Apples
Red hot candies
Core your apples, leaving the apple whole as you would for baking. Set each apple on a square of foil. In the center of each apple, place a tablespoon of brown sugar and one of the candies. Pull up foil around the apple and seal tightly. Place on the grill over medium heat for 30 minutes, until tender. Be careful when you open them because they will have a lot of juice!
Easiest candy apple recipe ever!
Kraft Caramels and 2 tablespoons of water melted over medium heat until fully mixed…Yep folks, that is all it takes to make your own candy apples. Easy peasy!
The only tips I have for you are the following:
- Line a baking sheet with either greased wax or parchment paper-have it close by.
- Use cake pop sticks or popsicle sticks. Firmly insert them near the stem of your apple
- Fresh orchid picked apples work the best but store bought will do. Make sure you wash all the wax off of them before dipping!
- Use a thick walled small sauce pan to melt your candies
- Only use medium heat and constantly stir those babies!
- Have a large spoon nearby for drizzling the caramel over the tops of the apples
- Once caramels are melted turn off the heat and star coating those suckers!
- Go easy, you don’t want them to look messy! They are already sticky as it is!
- Place them stick up on your greased paper to harden for at least 5 minutes before adding candies
- Roll your apples in your coating while they are tacky, but NOT drippy wet.
Most of all have fun making your literally Easiest Candy Apple Recipe Ever! One bag of Kraft Caramels made 6 medium Macintosh apples.